Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry Homepage University of Alberta Homepage

About Us

Ophthalmology at the University of Alberta began as the Division of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology in 1935 with Dr. Mark Marshall as the Director. In 1969, under the guidance of then Divisional Director, Dr. Alastair Boyd, we became a department.

We have trained 95 ophthalmologists since our Residency Training Program began in 1960, of which 24 are currently working as academic and clinical academic staff in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences.

Back to top Last Modified: July 11, 2013
 
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry Homepage Copyright © 2006-2017
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Privacy Policy